As we approach the end of 2011, let’s look back on what as been a tremendous year for CDI. This year we saw:
- Our largest entering class – we have 25 Scholars in our 2012 class. (And congratulations to all Scholars who’ve gotten early acceptances–I’ll write more on this topic later.)
- Increased standardized test scores again this year. See last week’s post on this topic.
- Al Neely scholarship funds awarded to first three Scholars (Diego Hernandez, Annie Sim, Binh Pham). This scholarship was named in honor of Al Neely, with special thanks to Archstone for their generous donation.
- Michael Crockett scholarship funds awarded to support two Scholars (Muhammed Abdulkarimu and Mirko Valdez). This scholarship was named in honor of Michael Crockett.
- The further development of project work with Baltimore City Public Schools and DC Prep Public Charter School.
- Our 1st annual benefit, held at the University Club of Washington, DC in May. Our honored speaker was Pat McGuire, President of Trinity University. To view an 8-minute video of the benefit featuring three of our graduating Scholars, visit our YouTube page here.
- 100% matriculation of 2011 Scholars at four-year colleges. In total, they received a little more than a whopping $678,000 in scholarships/awards to attend college or an average of approximately $28,000 per Scholar.